[openstack-dev] [fuel] OpenStack versioning in Fuel

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 16 10:02:10 UTC 2015

Igor,

The point is that there's no 2015.2.0 version anywhere in OpenStack. So
every component will be versioned separately, for example, in Libery, Nova
has version 12.0.0, and minor release of it is going to have version
12.0.1, while Keystone, for instance, will have version 11.0.0 and 11.0.1
for minor release.

The problem in Fuel is that coordinated release version is used in several
places, the most important being installation path of the fuel-library. We
won't be able to use it the same way since Liberty. I'd like to understand
how we are going to handle that.

My suggestion actually is to move away from using OpenStack version as a
part of Fuel version. Then the path to install the fuel-library will be
'/etc/puppet/8.0.0/'.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gelbukh