[openstack-dev] [Product] [fuel] Life cycle management use cases

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 16 00:50:37 UTC 2015

Hi Shamail,
thank you for letting me know. I didn't come through the page when I was
googling.

We are collecting use cases though for underlay, so it's more relevant for
such projects as Fuel, TripleO, Puppet OpenStack; than for VM, DB, etc.
related management.

If you have any work started on underlay, I'll be more than happy to
collaborate.

PS. Meanwhile we've got lots of feedback in the etherpad, thanks all!

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM Shamail <itzshamail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great topic...
>
> Please note that the Product WG[1] also has a user story focused on
> Lifecycle Management.  While FUEL is one aspect of the overall workflow, we
> would also like the team to consider project level enhancements (e.g.
> garbage collection inside the DB).
>
> The Product WG would welcome your insights on lifecycle management
> tremendously.  Please help by posting comments to our existing user
> story[2].
>

> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam
> [2]
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-user-stories/user-stories/draft/lifecycle_management.html
>
> Thanks,
> Shamail
>
> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Mike Scherbakov <mscherbakov at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi fuelers,
> > as we all know, Fuel lacks many of life cycle management (LCM) use
> cases. It becomes a very hot issue for many of our users, as current LCM
> capabilities are not very rich.
> >
> > In order to think how we can fix it, we need to collect use cases first,
> and prioritize them if needed. So that whatever a change in architecture we
> are about to make, we would need to ensure that we meet LCM use cases or
> have a proposal how to close it in a foreseeable future.
> >
> > I started to collect use cases in the etherpad:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/lcm-use-cases.
> >
> > Please contribute in there.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > --