[openstack-dev] [Nova] Host maintenance mode proposal.

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Oct 15 09:23:55 UTC 2015

On 15 October 2015 at 10:08, Tang Chen <tangchen at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to implement a common host maintenance mode handling
> in nova compute.
>
> BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/host-maintenance-mode
> spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/228689/
> patches: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/host-maintenance-mode,n,z
>
> But according to John (johnthetubaguy), host maintenance mode is
> a functionality we are going to remove. So would anybody give me
> some advice if I want to go on with this work ?
>
> BTW, if I want to talk about this in IRC meeting, which meeting should I
> attend ? Nova API meeting on Tuesday ?

Sorry, I hadn't spotted there was a spec up for review.
I will go take a look at that, and add my comments on there.

Certainly the XenAPI host maintenance mode was built for support of
XenServer pools.
That support is currently untested, so I want to push for that to be
deprecated, and eventually removed.

Thanks,
John