[openstack-dev] [all] Recording little everyday OpenStack successes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 14 11:51:46 UTC 2015

Adrien Cunin wrote:
> Le 09/10/2015 11:42, Thierry Carrez a écrit :
> Nice! I've got a question though: is there another way than the wiki
> page to consume those successes?
>
> I was thinking of an RSS/Atom feed, which would make it possible to
> easily publish them elsewhere (website, social media, etc.).

A wiki page was the simplest, since the statusbot already had the
mechanics to post status updates for infrastructure to a wiki page, and
it makes spam edition quite simple. My fear with the RSS/Atom/Twitter
feed is that it will create a larger target for spam (harder to fix
after the fact once everyone received it). And nobody wants to spend
time moderating successes snippets.

With that caveat, see
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/statusbot/tree/statusbot/bot.py
if you want to propose extra features :)

Note that some success snippets should appear in future editions of the
weekly newsletter too.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)