[openstack-dev] [keystone] [puppet] [neutron] Deprecating nova_admin_ options in puppet-neutron

Sergey Kolekonov skolekonov at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 14 11:20:34 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Currently puppet-neutron module sets nova_admin_* options in neutron.conf
which are deprecated since Kilo release. I propose to replace them, but we
need to discuss how to do it better. I raised this question at
puppet-openstack weekly meeting yesterday [0]. So the main concern here is
that we need to switch to Keystone auth plugins to get rid of these options
[1] [2], but there's a possibility to create a custom plugin, so all
required parameters are unknown in general case.

It seems reasonable to support only basic plugin (password), or also token
as the most common cases, otherwise an ability to pass all required
parameters as a hash should be added. which looks like a bit overkill.

What do you think?

Thanks.

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/puppet_openstack/2015/puppet_openstack.2015-10-13-15.00.log.html