[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Functional job instability

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 04:37:34 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

There are a number of outstanding stability issues that affect the
functional job [1]. No particular bug is a major offender, but taken all
together they hurt quite a bit.

If we don't get a good handle on this (even on a 'good' day there is a wide
gap between the job failure rate and the others'), this can set us back
unnecessarily to a point where we're forced to make it non-voting...and
that's a slippery slope no-one wants to go down to.

Can I ask you the following:

- be extra careful when reviewing functional tests: make sure they are not
a potential source of race conditions;
- let's take the next couple of weeks (with the summit going on etc) to use
the time carefully to review outstanding stability fixes and triaging
existing stability issues.

Cosmetic changes, or minor/trivial enhancements that cause the job to be
exercised should not take the priority out of your day-to-day Neutron
contributions.

Many thanks,
Armando

[1]