[openstack-dev] [puppet][Fuel] Using Native Ruby Client for Openstack Providers

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:49:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I think if we did end up using a ruby library, we'd also want to make sure
> it was not only vendored, but also usable independently, to increase the
> audience.
>

> . . . and then are we also going to be gated by the distros in the same
> way, waiting for months to get an update to aviator?

Yes.  Check out the recent thread (again!) about urllib3 vendored inside
Python requests.  Distros will unvendor that for you and you will have
again the same problem in a different place.

Rich, the daemon/persistent mode has been low on my radar for a bit and I
think needs a bit of work to be fully usable the way I think you envision.
Let us know if that becomes a higher priority as we're currently focusing
on fleshing out the in-repo API support and modernizing our auth (switching
to keystoneauth1).

dt

--

Dean Troyer