[openstack-dev] Scheduler proposal

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Tue Oct 13 10:22:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-10-12 at 10:58 -0700, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Just a related thought/question. It really seems we (as a community)
> need some kind of scale testing ground. Internally at yahoo we were/are
> going to use a 200 hypervisor cluster for some of this and then expand
> that into 200 * X by using nested virtualization and/or fake drivers and
> such. But this is a 'lab' that not everyone can have, and therefore
> isn't suited toward community work IMHO. Has there been any thought on
> such a 'lab' that is directly in the community, perhaps trystack.org can
> be this? (users get free VMs, but then we can tell them this area is a
> lab, so don't expect things to always work, free isn't free after all...)
>
> With such a lab, there could be these kinds of experiments, graphs,
> tweaks and such...

https://www.mirantis.com/blog/intel-rackspace-want-cloud/

"The plan is to build out an OpenStack developer cloud that consists of
two 1,000 node clusters available for use by anyone in the OpenStack
community for scaling, performance, and code testing. Rackspace plans to
have the cloud available within the next six months."

Stuff you've described is actually being worked on for a few months. :)