[openstack-dev] [nova] CI jobs blocked on oslo.messaging and webob releases

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 12 23:12:53 UTC 2015

Most people are probably already aware of this but given we have two
changes that now rely on each other to land things are a bit complicated
for tracking, so I figured I'd dump the info here.

We have to bugs introduced with dependent library releases:

1. oslo.messaging 2.6.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1505295

There is already an exclusion for that in g-r on master and
cherry-picked to stable/liberty:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I47ab12f719fba41c2f0c03047b05eb28f4423682,n,z

There is a nova change which has the same block and depends on a grenade
change, but that was failing due to...

2. webob 1.5.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1505153

We have a patch to fix the actual nova code bug for that:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233845/

But it won't pass tests because of the oslo.messaging change, so we have
co-dependent failures.

--

So in order to avoid squashing those changes (which is kind of messy,
especially when doing the backports to stable/liberty and kilo for the

1. Block oslo.messaging 2.6.0 and webob 1.5.0 in a single nova change:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233772/

2. That depends on a g-r cap on webob<1.5.0:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233851/

3. Once the nova change 233772 and the webob fix
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233845/ lands, we can unpin webob in
g-r again.

--

I think this requires backports to stable/liberty which probably means a
liberty-rc3 for nova.

Matt Riedemann