[openstack-dev] [neutron]What happened when the 3-rd controller restarted?

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:19:47 UTC 2015

Inline,
Salvatore

On 12 October 2015 at 09:29, Germy Lure <germy.lure at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> *Thank you for your response. Periodic data checking is a popular and
> effective method to sync info. But there is no such a feature in Neutron.
> Right? Will the community merge it soon? And can we consider it with
> agent-style mechanism together?*
>
> Vendor-specific extension or coding a periodic task private by vendor is
> not a good solution, I think. Because it means that Neutron-Sever could not
> integrate with multiple vendors' controller and even the controller of
> those vendors that introduced this extension or task could not integrate
> with a standard community Neutron-Server.

I am not sure what is the issue you are seeing here and what you are
advocating for.
If you're asking for a generic interface for synchronising the neutron
database with a backend, that could be implemented, but it would still be
up to plugin and driver maintainers to use that interface.

> That is just the tip of the iceberg. Many of the other problems resulting,
> such as fixing bugs,upgrade,patch and etc.
> But wait, is it a vendor-specific feature? Of course not. All software
> systems need data checking.

If you have something in mind I'd like to understand more about your use
case (I got the issue, I want to understand what you're trying to achieve),
and how you think you could possibly implement it.