[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Ironic] Testing Ironic multi-tenancy feature

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Mon Oct 12 13:02:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 07:45:55AM +0000, Pavlo Shchelokovskyy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we would like to start preliminary testing of Ironic multi-tenant network
> setup which is supported by Neutron in Liberty according to [1]. According
> to Neutron design integration with network equipment is done via ML2
> plugins. We are looking for plugins and network equipment that can work
> with such Ironic multi-tenant setup. Could community recommend a pair of
> hardware switch/corresponding Neutron plugin that already supports this
> functionality?

So, this functionality wasn't finished during Liberty on the Ironic side
(which is the larger part of the change). Most of the code is completed
and in testing and review. If you'd like to help test, please do jump
into our weekly meeting on the topic (link below).

Some references:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ironic/+spec/network-provider
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ironic/+spec/ironic-ml2-integration
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic-neutron

To answer your actual question, I know that HP and Arista are both
working on (or have completed) Neutron ML2 mechanisms that support this
on some of their gear. I don't know specifics on that, but hopefully
they can chime in, and hopefully there's other vendors working on this
as well. :)

// jim