[openstack-dev] [all] jobs that make break when we remove Devstack extras.d in 10 weeks

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 11:12:54 UTC 2015

On 10/09/2015 05:41 PM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> On 10/09/2015 12:58 PM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
>> On 10/09/2015 12:35 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
>>>  From now until the removal of devstack extras.d support I'm going to
>>> send a weekly email of jobs that may break. A warning was added that we
>>> can track in logstash.
>>>
>>> Here are the top 25 jobs (by volume) that are currently tripping the
>>> warning:
>>>
>>> gate-murano-devstack-dsvm
>>> gate-cue-integration-dsvm-rabbitmq
>>> gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm
>>> gate-solum-devstack-dsvm-centos7
>>> gate-rally-dsvm-murano-task
>>> gate-congress-dsvm-api
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-agent_ssh
>>> gate-solum-devstack-dsvm
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ipa-nv
>>> gate-ironic-inspector-dsvm-nv
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ssh
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-parallel-nv
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ipa
>>> gate-designate-dsvm-powerdns
>>> gate-python-barbicanclient-devstack-dsvm
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ssh-postgres
>>> gate-rally-dsvm-designate-designate
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ssh-dib
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-agent_ssh-src
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-pxe_ipa-src
>>> gate-muranoclient-dsvm-functional
>>> gate-designate-dsvm-bind9
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-python-ironicclient-src
>>> gate-python-ironic-inspector-client-dsvm
>>> gate-tempest-dsvm-ironic-lib-src-nv
>>>
>>> (You can view this query with http://goo.gl/6p8lvn)
>>>
>>> The ironic jobs are surprising, as something is crudding up extras.d
>>> with a file named 23, which isn't currently run. Eventual removal of
>>> that directory is going to potentially make those jobs fail, so someone
>>> more familiar with it should look into it.
>>
>> Thanks for noticing, looking now.
>
> As I'm leaving for the weekend, I'll post my findings here.
>
> I was not able to spot what writes these files (in my case it was named
> 33). I also was not able to reproduce it on my regular devstack
> environment.
>
> I've posted a temporary patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233017/
> so that we're able to track where and when these files appear. Right now
> I only understood that they really appear during the devstack run, not
> earlier.

So, no file seems to be created, so it looks like a problem in devstack:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233584/