[openstack-dev] Scheduler proposal

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sun Oct 11 23:19:07 UTC 2015

Dims,

Not that I know of; I believe that Cassandra works fine with OpenJDK. See [1] and [2].

From time to time, there have been questions about the supported JDK for Cassandra, a recent one (just that I happen to remember this) tries to make the case that you must use Sun/Oracle JDK. This is not a requirement by any means. See [3].

To the best of my knowledge, OpenJDK is sufficient.

-amrith

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted
[2] http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.2/cassandra/install/installDeb.html
[3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21487354/does-latest-cassandra-support-openjdk