[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Returning of HEAD files?

Mark McClain mark at mcclain.xyz
Fri Oct 9 17:16:29 UTC 2015

> There are pros and cons for both approaches, but overall, I don’t see how the former justify having HEAD files and the complexity to handle them in code and in file system.

The HEAD file is a clear winner when gate load is high and there are competing migrations.  As you pointed out PEP8 will detect the problem, but not fast enough to cause a ripple in the changes behind it in the gate.  The ripple causes resources to be wasted adding to the load, so the git merge conflict was the best compromise we developed.

mark