[openstack-dev] [all] Recording little everyday OpenStack successes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 9 13:46:39 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-09 13:51:39 +0200 (+0200), Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
[...]
> Another IRC service that I find useful to encourage collaboration
> in teams is a karma bot. Something that would calculate
> <nickname>++ messages in tracked channels. Having such a
> lightweight and visible way to tell ‘thank you’ to a contributor
> would be great. Do we have plans to implement it in infra?

If you write it! An easy compromise would be to just add similar
support like "#thanks ttx for your awesome successbot
implementation!" and interleave those into the same Successes
article or direct them to a separate Karma article. If you want an
interface to tabulate/summarize #thanks calls though, that would
likely need some additional service.
--
Jeremy Stanley