[openstack-dev] [Murano] py26 support in python-muranoclient

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 9 13:39:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-09 12:22:12 +0300 (+0300), Serg Melikyan wrote:
> unfortunately we don't plan to remove support for py26 from the
> python-muranoclient, most of the python-<project>client support py26
> in order to work out of the box on different OS including CentOS 6.5
> and so on.
[...]

Bear in mind that we were only keeping 2.6 testing around to support
the stable/juno branch, and intend to begin removing support for
running Python 2.6 tests from our CI when that branch reaches EOL in
a few weeks. The end-of-2.6 discussions we had now many summits ago
involved representatives from several Enterprise/LTS Linux
distributions who agreed that supporting it in Kilo and beyond would
not be necessary.
--
Jeremy Stanley