[openstack-dev] [neutron][testing][all] fixtures 1.4.0 breaking py34 jobs

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 12:10:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,

just a heads up that today fixtures 1.4.0 broke neutron py34 gate [1] and we needed to patch some logging code to overcome it [2]. The failures were triggered by a patch that started to raise logging exceptions for incorrect format strings (which is fine), but it also started to raise exceptions from stdlib logging code, and apparently till 3.5 it had a bug for the case when someone uses LOG.exception() in context where no exception was actually raised.

More details about why I think the issue is in python interpreter are available in [2] commit message.

I agree that using LOG.exception in such context is wrong, but still I wanted to notify other about potential issue, and a way to fix it.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1504053
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/232265/

Ihar