[openstack-dev] [Glance] Process to clean up the review queue from non-active patches

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 07:50:16 UTC 2015

On 06/10/15 23:36 +0900, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Not so long ago, Erno started a thread[0] in this list to discuss the
>abandon policies for patches that haven't been updated in Glance.
>
>I'd like to go forward and start following that policy with some
>changes that you can find below:
>
>1) Lets do this on patches that haven't had any activity in the last 2
>months. This adds one more month to Erno's proposal. The reason being
>that during the lat cycle, there were some ups and downs in the review
>flow that caused some patches to get stuck.
>
>2) Do this just on master, for all patches regardless they fix a
>bug or implement a spec and for all patches regardless their review
>status.
>
>3) The patch will be first marked as a WIP and then abandoned if the
>patch is not updated in 1 week. This will put this patches at the
>begining of the queue but using the Glance review dashboard should
>help keeing focus.
>
>Unless there are some critical things missing in the above or strong
>opiniones against this, I'll make this effective starting next Monday
>October 12th.

I'd like to provide some extra data here. This is our current status:

Total patches without activity in the last 2 months: 73
Total patches closing a bug: 30
Total patches with negative review by core reviewers: 62
Total patches with negative review by non-core reviewers: 75
Total patches without a core review in the last patchset: 13
Total patches with negative review from Jenkins: 50

It's not ideal but it's also not a lot. I'd like to recover as many
patches as possible from the above and I'm happy to do that manually
if necessary.

Cheers,
Flavio

--