[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Security spec status update

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Oct 6 23:20:39 UTC 2015

Great work on this Major! I look forward to seeing the role built out and adding it into the stack.

If anyone out there is interested, the greater OpenStack-Ansible community would love feedback on the initial role import [0].

[0] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/231165

--

Kevin Carter
IRC: cloudnull

From: Major Hayden <major at mhtx.net>
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2015 2:19 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Security spec status update

Hello there,

A couple of people were asking me about the status of the security spec[1] for openstack-ansible.  Here are a few quick updates as of today:

  * We've moved away from considering CIS temporarily due to licensing and terms of use issues
  * We're currently adapting the RHEL 6 STIG[2] for Ubuntu 14.04
  * There's are lots of tasks coming together in a temporary repository[3]
  * Documentation is up on ReadTheDocs[4] (temporarily)

At this point, we have 181 controls left to evaluate (out of 264[5]).  Feel free to hop into #openstack-ansible and ask any questions you have about the work.

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-specs/specs/mitaka/security-hardening.html
[2] http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/Pages/index.aspx
[3] https://github.com/rackerlabs/openstack-ansible-security
[4] http://openstack-ansible-security.readthedocs.org/en/latest/