[openstack-dev] [Fuel] py.test vs testrepository

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 6 14:26:10 UTC 2015

Hey Roman,

> It’s ”standard" in OpenStack so using it gives Fuel more karma
> and moves it more under big tent

As far as I understand it doesn't affect our movement under big tent.

> It’s in global requirements, so it doesn’t cause dependency hell

Honestly I have no idea how py.test caused a dependency hell. It
almost doesn't have any dependencies:

* py
* colorama for windows
* argparse for python 2.6 and 3.0

So the only possible intersection with global-requirements may is a
'py' package. Well, I checked and I didn't find 'py' package in there.

Summarizing, let's be practical - using py.test is convenient. It has
beautiful reports out-of-box, could be extended with a lot of
available plugins and so on. I'd prefer to keep it.

Thanks,
Igor