[openstack-dev] [fuel] Problems with mcollective offline nodes

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 21:23:31 UTC 2015

[ Was: Re: [openstack-dev] OpenStack-dev Digest, Vol 41, Issue 49]

Santosh Parihar,

This implies that the nodes are (in order of most to least likely):
a) currently offline
b) un-accessible from the fuel master node
c) the mcollective agent is not running on them
d) rabbitmq on the fuel node (rabbitmq container) is not functioning
properly

Fuel uses mcollective (MCO) to issue commands to remote nodes.
You can start by pining the nodes, from the CLI you can issue `fuel node`
and it will show the nodes id, and IP address. From there you can use `mco
ping` to determine if mcollective can talk to the nodes. From there you can
triage individual nodes connectivity, or restart them. Alternately you can
investigate and restart the mcollective and or rabbitmq containers.

We are also on IRC #Fuel on irc.freenode.net. We have alot of the European
folks on around when you posted this message so you can drop a line in
there if you would like to get some more interactive help.

-
Andrew
Fuel Community.

--