[openstack-dev] [magnum]swarm + compose = k8s?

Egor Guz EGuz at walmartlabs.com
Sat Oct 3 20:32:09 UTC 2015

Kris,

We are facing similar challenges/questions and there are some thoughts. We cannot ignore scalability limits: Kub ~ 100 nodes (there are plans to support 1K next year), Swarm ~ ??? (I never heard
even about 100 nodes, definitely not ready for production yet (happy to be wrong ;))), Mesos ~ 100K nodes, but it’s scalability issues with many schedulers (e.g. each team develop/use their
own framework (Marathon/Aurora)). It looks like small clusters is better/save option today (even if you need to pay for additional control plane), but I belie situation will change in next twelve months.

—
Egor