[openstack-dev] [Congress] Usecase VM related questions

Shiv Haris sharis at Brocade.com
Fri Oct 2 18:18:07 UTC 2015

Tim,

Answers to your questions while I was away:

>Do you think docker images would be significantly smaller than the VM?
>If not, I don't see a good reason to move to docker.

Yes it will be smaller because we will not be shipping the OS image

>BTW—I tried the ssh, and it worked great.
Cool

>is it going to be easy to deal with multiple use cases on a single VM?
>for example, if we create servers, networks, etc. for use case 1, will there be conflicts when we setup use case 2?
>Do we have a script that can undo the changes from use_case 1 before setting up use case 2?
Unfortunately there is no easy way to cleanup and keep the same OS instance. I recommend the steps in the 00_restart_openstack.sh as the way to get a clean start for the next congress use case.

-Shiv