[openstack-dev] [all] Doc dependencies

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 2 15:46:53 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-02 10:20:49 -0500 (-0500), Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
[...]
> it feels wrong for us to install dependencies not directly related
> to testing, even if we also test the doc generation.
[...]

It's a bit of a mischaracterization to suggest that there is some
specific set of "dependencies [...] directly related to testing" in
a more tightly-coupled fashion than those required for testing the
included documentation builds. If you wanted to start splitting
these up, really just about every environment defined in tox could
conceivably have its own specific set of requirements which omits
those only used by the other environments (for example, why install
modules that won't be imported during a pep8 run? why install static
analysis tools when running unit tests?).

At least for now we can sort of draw a fuzzy line around things not
commonly used at run-time and call them testing-related.
--
Jeremy Stanley