[openstack-dev] [neutron] pypi packages for networking sub-projects

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Fri Oct 2 11:33:05 UTC 2015

On 02/10/15 11:42, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Thanks Kyle! I'm looking at this now for networking-calico.

Done, please see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/networking-calico.

When you release, how will the version number be decided?  And should I
make a change to put that version into the source somewhere, or will you
do that?  Currently it appears that there's no explicit version in the
source, but that the build process somehow infers '0.0.1.dev8'.

For the PyPI registration I put 0.1.0, but that doesn't mean that I
expect that to be the version number when networking-calico is actually
released.  I guessed that PyPI might impose an increasing version number
requirement, and that the real release number might be 1.0.something,
and so chose something logically less than that.

Hope that all makes sense!

    Neil