[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Core Reviewers groups restructure

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 1 22:59:47 UTC 2015

This commit brings Fuel ACLs in sync with each other and in line with
the agreement on this thread:
https://review.openstack.org/230195

Please review carefully. Note that I intentionally didn't touch any of
the plugins ACLs, primarily to save time for us and the
openstack-infra team until after the stackforge->openstack namespace
migration.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Mike Scherbakov
<mscherbakov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> python-fuel-client-core [2] is good as well (no nested fuel-core). However,
> there is another group python-fuelclient-release [3], which has to be
> eliminated, and main python-fuelclient-core would just have fuel-infra group
> included for maintenance purposes.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/995,members
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/551,members
> [3] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/552,members
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:06 AM Oleg Gelbukh <ogelbukh at mirantis.com> wrote:
>>
>> FYI, we have a separate core group for stackforge/fuel-octane repository
>> [1].
>>
>> I'm supporting the move to modularization of Fuel with cleaner separation
>> of authority and better defined interfaces. Thus, I'm +1 to such a change as
>> a part of that move.
>>
>> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1020,members
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Oleg Gelbukh
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Mike Scherbakov
>> <mscherbakov at mirantis.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> as of my larger proposal on improvements to code review workflow [1], we
>>> need to have cores for repositories, not for the whole Fuel. It is the path
>>> we are taking for a while, and new core reviewers added to specific repos
>>> only. Now we need to complete this work.
>>>
>>> My proposal is:
>>>
>>> Get rid of one common fuel-core [2] group, members of which can merge
>>> code anywhere in Fuel. Some members of this group may cover a couple of
>>> repositories, but can't really be cores in all repos.
>>> Extend existing groups, such as fuel-library [3], with members from
>>> fuel-core who are keeping up with large number of reviews / merges. This
>>> data can be queried at Stackalytics.
>>> Establish a new group "fuel-infra", and ensure that it's included into
>>> any other core group. This is for maintenance purposes, it is expected to be
>>> used only in exceptional cases. Fuel Infra team will have to decide whom to
>>> include into this group.
>>> Ensure that fuel-plugin-* repos will not be affected by removal of
>>> fuel-core group.
>>>
>>> #2 needs specific details. Stackalytics can show active cores easily, we
>>> can look at people with *:
>>> http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/fuel-web/180. This is for
>>> fuel-web, change the link for other repos accordingly. If people are added
>>> specifically to the particular group, leaving as is (some of them are no
>>> longer active. But let's clean them up separately from this group
>>> restructure process).
>>>
>>> fuel-library-core [3] group will have following members: Bogdan D.,
>>> Sergii G., Alex Schultz, Vladimir Kuklin, Alex Didenko.
>>> fuel-web-core [4]: Sebastian K., Igor Kalnitsky, Alexey Kasatkin, Vitaly
>>> Kramskikh, Julia Aranovich, Evgeny Li, Dima Shulyak
>>> fuel-astute-core [5]: Vladimir Sharshov, Evgeny Li
>>> fuel-dev-tools-core [6]: Przemek Kaminski, Sebastian K.
>>> fuel-devops-core [7]: Tatyana Leontovich, Andrey Sledzinsky, Nastya
>>> Urlapova
>>> fuel-docs-core [8]: Irina Povolotskaya, Denis Klepikov, Evgeny
>>> Konstantinov, Olga Gusarenko
>>> fuel-main-core [9]: Vladimir Kozhukalov, Roman Vyalov, Dmitry Pyzhov,
>>> Sergii Golovatyuk, Vladimir Kuklin, Igor Kalnitsky
>>> fuel-nailgun-agent-core [10]: Vladimir Sharshov, V.Kozhukalov
>>> fuel-ostf-core [11]: Tatyana Leontovich, Nastya Urlapova, Andrey
>>> Sledzinsky, Dmitry Shulyak
>>> fuel-plugins-core [12]: Igor Kalnitsky, Evgeny Li, Alexey Kasatkin
>>> fuel-qa-core [13]: Andrey Sledzinsky, Tatyana Leontovich, Nastya Urlapova
>>> fuel-stats-core [14]: Alex Kislitsky, Alexey Kasatkin, Vitaly Kramskikh

Dmitry Borodaenko