[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][all] Pillow breaking gate?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Oct 1 22:53:09 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015, at 03:48 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> It looks like Pillow (pulled in by blockdiag, pulled in by
> sphinxcontrib-seqdiag, in test-requirements.txt of nova and probably
> others) had a 3.0.0 release today, and now the gate is breaking because
> libjpeg isn't available in the image…thoughts on how best to address
> this problem?
Two changes are already in flight to address this.

The first updates global requirements to require an older version of
Pillow:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230167/

The second updates the images for Jenkins slaves that run things like
unittests and doc builds:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230175/ This one will take more time to
get through as it requires new images be built.

It is also a possibility that devstack will need to install zlib and
libjpeg headers depending on whether or not sphinxcontrib is needed in
devstack (I think it is but protected now by constraints).

A completely different approach would be to not use blockdiag, but these
changes should get us moving along again and we can worry about making
it more correct later.

Clark