[openstack-dev] [nova] how to address boot from volume failures

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Oct 1 10:17:19 UTC 2015

On 09/30/2015 10:41 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2015, at 14:45, Andrew Laski <andrew at lascii.com
> <mailto:andrew at lascii.com>> wrote:
>
>> I have a slight preference for #1.  Nova is not buggy here novaclient
>> is so I think we should contain the fix there.
>>
>> Is using the v2 API an option?  That should also allow the 3 extra
>> parameters mentioned in #2.

It could be, but it would invalidate the claim that operators can just
point people at v2.1 and it won't be noticed.

> +1. I have put up https://review.openstack.org/229669 in -W mode in case
> we decide to go that route.
>
> -melanie

As the concensus is for item #1, I'm fine with that. +2 on
https://review.openstack.org/229669.

Let's get that landed and cut a new release today.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net