[openstack-dev] [all] Liberty release - what is the correct version - 2015.2.0, 8.0.0 or 12.0.0?

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 00:54:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Historically OpenStack releases are versioned YYYY.N as documented in the
Release Naming wiki page[1]. The Liberty Release Schedule[2] has the
version 2015.2.0. However, in Horizon land, I've been informed that
OpenStack is moving to semver. I can't find any information about this move
except a blog post by Doug Hellmann[3]. Is that correct? What is the
version string supposed to be: 8.0.0 as has been used in Horizon's
documentation[4], or 12.0.0 as hinted at by the blog post? I believe that
if we are moving to semver, then 12.0.0 is appropriate.

      Richard

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Liberty_Release_Schedule
[3]