[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] keystone-spec proposal freeze date and using roll call instead of +2/+2/+A for specs

Steve Martinelli stevemar at ca.ibm.com
Mon Nov 30 19:21:44 UTC 2015

As a reminder: keystone spec freeze date is the end of mitaka-1 (this
friday), any spec being proposed for mitaka will have to go through an
exception process next week.

For the next keystone meeting (tomorrow) I'd like to propose we use a roll
call / vote mechanism on each open specs that is proposed against the
mitaka release. If a majority of the cores (50% or more) agree that a spec
aligns with project plans for mitaka, then we should get it merged by
friday (clean up any wording and proposed APIs) so the author can start
working on it on monday.

I added [all] because I wanted to know how other projects approach this
subject. I think a roll call feature for -specs would be great, similar to
how there is one for governance changes. Do others just use +2/+2/+A? In
keystone we've often let specs sit for a little to give other cores a
chance to chime in. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve Martinelli
OpenStack Keystone Project Team Lead