[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Getting rid of Docker containers on the Fuel master node

Sergii Golovatiuk sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 27 11:15:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:

> <opinion>
> IMO, removing the docker containers is a mistake v.s. fixing them and
> using them properly. They provide an isolation that is necessary (and that
> we mangle) to make services portable and scaleable. We really should sit
> down and document how we really want all of the services to interact before
> we rip the containers out.

If we are talking about dependencies then all components should have global
requirements. It should be done in the same way as all other OpenStack
projects.

If we are talking about component-component communication, we should
introduce API and Bus communication to have components loosely coupled
components.

I agree, the way we use containers now still is quite wrong, and brings us
> some negative value, but I'm not sold on stripping them out now just
> because they no longer bring the same upgrades value as before.
> </opinion>
>
> My opinion aside, we are rushing into this far to late in the feature
> cycle. Prior to moving forward with this, we need a good QA plan, the spec
> is quite light on that and must receive review and approval from QA. This
> needs to include an actual testing plan.

+100.