[openstack-dev] [Murano] 'NoMatchingFunctionException: No function "#operator_." matches supplied arguments' error when adding an application to an environment

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 26 13:05:07 UTC 2015

Vahid,

I see what is the problem.

You are generating UI form that looks like this:

  Forms:
    -  group0:
        fields: []
  Application:
    name: $.group0.name
    ?:
      type: "io.murano.apps.generated.CsarHelloWorld"

  Version: 2.2

The problem in in "name: $.group0.name". Previously you removed the "name"
field from the form because it is provided automatically by the 2.2 form
format. However you did not removed the expression that was referring to it.

So just drop this expression from the form (and form generation code).
If you will need name during deployment time you always can obtain it using
name($this) YAQL expression as here:
https://github.com/openstack/murano/blob/master/contrib/plugins/cloudify_plugin/cloudify_applications_library/Classes/CloudifyApplication.yaml#L46

Hope this will help

Sincerely yours,