[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest] Use tempest-config for tempest-cli-improvements

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 26 12:59:58 UTC 2015

Hi!
Boris P. and I tried to push a spec[1] for automation tempest config
generator, but we did not succeed to merge it. Imo, qa-team doesn't want to
have such tool:(

>However, there is a big concern:
>If the script contain a bug and creates the configuration which makes
>most tests skipped, we cannot do enough tests on the gate.
>Tempest contains 1432 tests and difficult to detect which tests are
>skipped as unexpected.

Yaroslav Lobankov is working on improvement for tempest config generator in
Rally. Last time when we launch full tempest run[2], we got 1154 success
tests and only 24 skipped. Also, there is a patch, which adds x-fail
mechanism(it based on subunit-filter): you can transmit a file with test
names + reasons and rally will modify results.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94473/

[2] -
http://logs.openstack.org/49/242849/8/check/gate-rally-dsvm-verify/e91992e/rally-verify/7_verify_results_--html.html.gz

Best regards,