[openstack-dev] [murano] Is it possible to use Murano RESTful API to create and deploy an application

WANG, Ming Hao (Tony T) tony.a.wang at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Nov 26 06:18:29 UTC 2015

Dear Murano developers and testers,

I want to use Murano RESTful API to create and deploy an application.
Based on my current understanding, I want to use muranoclient cli as following:

1.       "environment-create" to create Murano environment;

2.       "environment-session-create" to create session for the environment;

3.       "environment-apps-create" to create application for the session.

This command hasn't been implemented yet, thus I implement it by studying "do_environment_apps_edit" to send POST request to "services" object.

Could you please help to check if my thought is right?

If it is right, I meet the following issue:
When an environment includes several applications, I need to generate an uuid for each application, and use the uuid to let one application reference to another application.
It is a little strange to let user provide this kind of information, and I doubt if I'm using Murano in a wrong way, and Murano isn't designed for this.

Could you please help to check? Is Murano designed to be able to expose RESTful to do all the works(including application creation/deployment) that user can do from UI?

Please advice,
Thanks,
Tony