[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Neutron] Testing of Ironic/Neutron integration on devstack

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:53:17 UTC 2015

This is cool. I didn't know you were working on an OVS driver for testing
in CI as well. :)

Does this work by getting the port wired into OVS so the agent recognizes
it like a regular port so it can be put into VXLAN/VLAN or whatever the
node is configured with? From what I can tell it looks like it's on a
completely different bridge so they wouldn't have connectivity to the rest
of the network.

I have some POC code[1] for 'baremetal' support directly in the OVS agent
so ports get treated just like VM ports. However, it requires upstream
changes so if yours accomplishes the same thing without any upstream
changes, that will be the best way to go.

Perhaps we can merge your approach (config via ssh) with mine (getting the
'baremetal' ports wired up for real connectivity) so we don't need upstream
changes.

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249265/

Cheers,
Kevin Benton

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Vasyl Saienko <vsaienko at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hello Community,
>
> As you know Ironic/Neutron integration is planned in Mitaka. And at the
> moment we don't have any CI that will test it. Unfortunately we can't test
> Ironic/Neutron integration on HW as we don't have it.
> So probably the best way is to develop ML2 driver that will work with OVS.
>
> At the moment we have a PoC [1] of ML2 driver that works with Cisco and
> OVS on linux.
> Also we have some patches to devstack that allows to try Ironic/Neutron
> integration on VM and real HW. And quick guide how to test it locally [0]
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247513/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248048/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249717/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248074/
>
> I'm interested in Neutron/Ironic integration. It would be great if we have
> it in Mitaka.
> I'm asking Community to check [0] and [1] and share your thoughts.
>
>  Also I would like to request a repo on openstack.org for [1]
>

> [0]
> https://github.com/jumpojoy/ironic-neutron/blob/master/devstack/examples/ironic-neutron-vm.md
> [1] https://github.com/jumpojoy/generic_switch
>
> --