[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-18, Nov 30 - Dec 4

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 25 19:34:41 UTC 2015

Focus
-----

R-18 is the Mitaka 1 milestone deadline. All projects following the
cycle-with-milestones release model should be preparing for the
milestone tag.

Release Actions
---------------

All deliverables must have reno configured before adding a Mitaka 1
milestone tag.

We will be using the openstack/releases repository to manage the
Mitaka 1 milestone tags. Prepare the information you will need to
request the tag, including the SHA of the commit to be tagged.

As a one-time change, we are also going to simplify how we specify
the versions for projects by moving to only using tags, and removing
the version entry from setup.cfg.

I will send out a separate email with more detailed instructions
for requesting a milestone tag and removing the version entry.

Stable Release Actions

Review stable/liberty branches for patches that have landed since the
last release and determine if your deliverables need new tags.

Important Dates

Deadline for requesting a Mitaka 1 milestone tag: Dec 3

Mitaka 2: Jan 19-21

Mitaka release schedule:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mitaka_Release_Schedule