[openstack-dev] [release] better linting of release notes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 25 18:51:28 UTC 2015

We noticed today that I left out a setting in the original instructions
I sent to explain how to configure reno.

We want to ensure that the release notes render properly and without
warnings, and to do that we need to turn on the option to Sphinx
to treat warnings as errors by adding "-W" to the sphinx-build line
in tox.ini. I've submitted sample patches to glance[1] and neutron[2].

Note that the neutron patch won't pass the build right now, so some
of the notes will have to be edited first, and you might see similar
effects in your project.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/249976
[2] https://review.openstack.org/249973