[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Korzeniewski, Artur artur.korzeniewski at intel.com
Wed Nov 25 18:15:19 UTC 2015

Yes, this file is complete fine. The Grenade is running smoke test before resource creation.
The workflow is like this:
1. Install old devstack on main and subnode
2. Run tempest smoke
3. Create resources
4. Verify resources
5. Shutdown the services
6. Verify if shutdown does not affect the resources
7. Spin new devstack on main node, subnode stays in old version without any touch.
8. Upgrade the services - start the new code on main node
9. Run tempest smoke tests on upgraded main node - it in theory should validate if we are cross-version compatible (N and N+1)
10. Verify resources
11. Shutdown

The successful steps are in log:
http://logs.openstack.org/69/143169/60/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/7c05ff0/logs/grenade.sh.summary.txt.gz