[openstack-dev] [magnum]storage for docker-bootstrap

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Wed Nov 25 16:10:15 UTC 2015

From: 王华 <wanghua.humble at gmail.com<mailto:wanghua.humble at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 5:00 AM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [magnum]storage for docker-bootstrap

Hi all,

I am working on containerizing etcd and flannel. But I met a problem. As described in [1], we need a docker-bootstrap. Docker and docker-bootstrap can not use the same storage, so we need some disk space for it.

I reviewed [1] and I do not see where the bootstrap docker instance requires separate storage.

The docker in master node stores data in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--data and metadata in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--meta. The disk space left is too same for docker-bootstrap. Even if the root_gb of the instance flavor is 20G, only 8G can be used in our image. I want to make it bigger. One way is we can add the disk space left in the vda as vda3 into atomicos vg after the instance starts and we allocate two logic volumes for docker-bootstrap. Another way is when we create the image, we allocate two logic volumes for docker-bootstrap. The second way has a advantage. It doesn't have to make filesystem when the instance is created which is time consuming.

What is your opinion?

Best Regards
Wanghua

[1] http://kubernetes.io/v1.1/docs/getting-started-guides/docker-multinode/master.html