[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Why set DEFAULT_DOCKER_TIMEOUT = 10 in docker client?

Kai Qiang Wu wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Wed Nov 25 10:13:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think out docker all call, use docker_for_bay,  which use

CONF.docker.default_timeout.

And default_timeout can be changed any value. User can customized it per
case.

For why set 10, maybe it was because someone local test OK. So use that
value.

I think for jenkins, it can use CONF override value to make it work.

Thanks

Best Wishes,
Kai Qiang Wu (吴开强  Kennan)
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing

E-mail: wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82451647
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193
            docker client?

hi all
In Magnum code, we hardcode it as DEFAULT_DOCKER_TIMEOUT = 10
This bring troubles in some bad networking environment (or bad
performance swarm master)
At least it doesn't work on our gate.

Here is the test patch on gate https://review.openstack.org/249522 , I
set it as 180 to make sure
the failure it due to time_out parameter passed to docker client, but we
need to chose a suitble one

I check docker client's default value,
DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS = 60 , I wonder why we overwrite it  as 10?

Please let me know what's your though? My suggestion is we set
DEFAULT_DOCKER_TIMEOUT
as long as our rpc time_out.

--
BR, Eli(Li Yong)Qiao

[attachment "liyong_qiao.vcf" deleted by Kai Qiang Wu/China/IBM]