[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] Move from active distrusting model to trusting model

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Nov 24 10:39:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23 2015, Morgan Fainberg wrote:

> What I would like us to do is to move to a trustful policy. I can
> confidently say that company affiliation means very little to me when I was
> PTL and nominating someone for core. We should explore making a change to a
> trustful model, and allow for cores (regardless of company affiliation)
> review/approve code. I say this since we have clear steps to correct any
> abuses of this policy change.

This is yet another case of permission-vs-forgiveness. Trustful is the
model we applied from the beginning the Telemetry team with great
success. And we never had any abuse of this.

In the end it comes down to picking correctly your core reviewers. Not
by setting the bar immensely high, but by building trust step by step,
and bonding, in such a way that the peer trust becomes more important
than the company pressure.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker