[openstack-dev] [puppet] mime-types-data requires Ruby version >= 2.0

Cody Herriges cody at puppetlabs.com
Mon Nov 23 16:19:52 UTC 2015

Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Because of [1], [2] and [3]: all beaker-rspec-dsvm-trusty jobs are broken.
>
> The only one option I see is to pin mime-types in beaker dependencies,
> because beaker needs frog and frog needs mime-types.
>
> Note beaker is currently broken for ubuntu trusty nodes, because of this
> change.
>
> [1] https://github.com/mime-types/mime-types-data/releases/tag/v3.2015.1120
> [2] https://github.com/mime-types/mime-types-data/blob/master/Rakefile#L16
> [3] fog requires mime-types (>= 0)

This has happened once before,
https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker/pull/45.  It is a short week here
in the states because of the holiday at the end of the week.  We should
get a PR in today against beaker if we want any chance of it getting
merged.  I've pinged QE about the problem and they are actively looking
into it.

...we could also just patch all our module Gemfiles temporarily to
handle the dependency.

--
Cody