[openstack-dev] [devstack]Question about using Devstack

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Mon Nov 23 12:51:39 UTC 2015

Hi Young,

venv create: /opt/stack/tempest/.tox/venv
venv installdeps: -r/opt/stack/tempest/requirements.txt, -r/opt/stack/tempest/test-requirements.txt
ERROR: invocation failed (exit code 1), logfile: /opt/stack/tempest/.tox/venv/log/venv-1.log
ERROR: actionid: venv
msg: getenv
cmdargs: [local('/opt/stack/tempest/.tox/venv/bin/pip'), 'install', '-U', '-r/opt/stack/tempest/requirements.txt', '-r/opt/stack/tempest/test-requirements.txt']

My interpretation is that because tox is using pip directly, which is now outside of devstack and knows nothing about the OFFLINE flag.
This is in the “install_tempest” function from devstack/lib/tempest.  A code change would be needed to stop tox from running if OFFLINE was specified.  At first glance, I believe this is probably a devstack bug.

I suspect that, since Tempest creates flavors, you will not be able to use tempest in OFFLINE=true mode, but you may be able to use other services if you remove tempest from ENABLED_SERVICES.

@jordan.pittier  @Bob Ball
If I can ensure my IP address , localrc and everything else are not changed, is there any way I can achieve my goal?

I don’t think I understand what your goal is – perhaps if you clarify exactly what you’re trying to achieve then we can answer the question.

Thanks,

Bob