[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Call for review focus

Rossella Sblendido rsblendido at suse.com
Mon Nov 23 12:02:41 UTC 2015

On 11/20/2015 03:54 AM, Armando M. wrote:

> On 19 November 2015 at 18:26, Assaf Muller <amuller at redhat.com
> <mailto:amuller at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com
>     <mailto:armamig at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi Neutrites,
>     >
>     > We are nearly two weeks away from the end of Mitaka 1.
>     >
>     > I am writing this email to invite you to be mindful to what you review,
>     > especially in the next couple of weeks. Whenever you have the time to review
>     > code, please consider giving priority to the following:
>     >
>     > Patches that target blueprints targeted for Mitaka;
>     > Patches that target bugs that are either critical or high;
>     > Patches that target rfe-approved 'bugs';
>     > Patches that target specs that have followed the most current submission
>     > process;
>
>     Is it possible to create Gerrit dashboards for patches that answer these
>     criteria, and then persist the links in Neutron's dashboards devref
>     page?
>     http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/dashboards/index.html
>     That'd be super useful.
>

> We should look into that, but to be perfectly honest I am not sure how
> easy it would be, since we'd need to cross-reference content that lives
> into gerrit as well as launchpad. Would that even be possible?

To cross-reference we can use the bug ID or the blueprint name.

I created a script that queries launchpad to get:
1) Bug number of the bugs tagged with approved-rfe
2) Bug number of the critical/high bugs
3) list of blueprints targeted for the current milestone (mitaka-1)

With this info the script builds a .dash file that can be used by
gerrit-dash-creator [2] to produce a dashboard url .

The script prints also the queries that can be used in gerrit UI
directly, e.g.:
Critical/High Bugs
(topic:bug/1399249 OR topic:bug/1399280 OR topic:bug/1443421 OR
topic:bug/1453350 OR topic:bug/1462154 OR topic:bug/1478100 OR
topic:bug/1490051 OR topic:bug/1491131 OR topic:bug/1498790 OR
topic:bug/1505575 OR topic:bug/1505843 OR topic:bug/1513678 OR
topic:bug/1513765 OR topic:bug/1514810)

This is the dashboard I get right now [3]

I tried in many ways to get Gerrit to filter patches if the commit
message contains a bug ID. Something like:

(message:"#1399249" OR message:"#1399280" OR message:"#1443421" OR
message:"#1453350" OR message:"#1462154" OR message:"#1478100" OR
message:"#1490051" OR message:"#1491131" OR message:"#1498790" OR
message:"#1505575" OR message:"#1505843" OR message:"#1513678" OR
message:"#1513765" OR message:"#1514810")

but it doesn't work well, the result of the filter contains patches that
have nothing to do with the bugs queried.
That's why I had to filter using the topic.

CAVEAT: To make the dashboard work, bug fixes must use the topic
"bug/ID" and patches implementing a blueprint the topic "bp/name". If a
patch is not following this convention it won't be showed in the
dashboard, since the topic is used as filter. Most of us use this
convention already anyway so I hope it's not too much of a burden.

Feedback is appreciated :)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/248645
[2] https://github.com/openstack/gerrit-dash-creator
[3] https://goo.gl/sglSbp