[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Security Groups OVS conntrack support

Fawad Khaliq fawad at plumgrid.com
Mon Nov 23 11:03:31 UTC 2015

Hi Tapio,

This is an improvement in the lower implementation layer where to support
security groups, previously, we needed to have both OVS and linux bridges.
With an improvement in OVS, this can be avoided and we will only need OVS
bridge. This does not affect the user interface to security groups in terms
of API nor it is a new functionality from a user point of view. Please see
this bug [1] for more details. Hope that clarifies.

P.S. Here's a link [2], which capture some internals of networking that you
might be interested in :-)

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1461000
[2] https://www.rdoproject.org/networking/networking-in-too-much-detail/

Fawad Khaliq