[openstack-dev] [oslo] Should we make qpid/proton optional dependencies? (please say yes)

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 09:33:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

Would it be possible to use the "extra dependencies" thing in setup.cfg?
Robert Collins started a similar change for Oslo DB for make DB drivers
optional:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184328/

Sadly, this change was not merged yet.

@Robert: any progress on this change?

It would allow to ask for "Oslo Messaging with Qpid support" in service
dependencies, without knowning the exact required Python packages for Qpid.

Victor