[openstack-dev] [neutron][taas] proposal: dedicated tunnel for carrying mirrored traffic

Fawad Khaliq fawad at plumgrid.com
Mon Nov 23 07:26:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Li Ma <skywalker.nick at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is suggested that you can issue a RFE request for it. [1] We can
> discuss with it and track the progress in the launchpad.
>
> By the way, I'm very interested in it. I discussed a another problem
> with Huawei neutron engineers about abstract VTEP to neutron port. It
> allows managing VTEP and can leverage the flexibility in many aspects
> as more and more neutron features need VTEP management, just like your
> proposal.

+1 to the use case. Have you looked at L2 Gateway APIs?
l2-gateway-connection creates a port on a network. Does that suffice the
requirements of the use case you are referring to or you need a port on the
'other' side of the VTEP, where physical resources are and use case
requires mirroring traffic to the external endpoint.