[openstack-dev] [release][stable] OpenStack 2014.2.4 (juno)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Nov 20 12:43:09 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 08:56 PM, Rochelle Grober wrote:
> Again, my plea to leave the Juno repository on git.openstack.org, but locked down to enable at least grenade testing for Juno->Kilo upgrades.  For upgrade testing purposes, python2.6 is not needed as any cloud would have to upgrade python before upgrading to kilo.  The testing could/should be limited to only occurring when Kilo backports are proposed.  The nodepool requirements should be very small except for the pre-release periods remaining for Kilo, especially if the testing is restricted to grenade only.
>
> Thanks for the ear. I'm expecting to participate in the stable releases team, and to bring a developer along with me;-)

This really isn't a good idea.

Grenade makes sure the old side works first, with Tempest. Tempest won't
support juno any more, you'd need to modify the job to do something else
here.

Often times there are breaks due to upstream changes that require fixes
on the old side, which is now impossible.

Juno being eol means we expect you are already off of it, not that you
should be soon.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague