[openstack-dev] OpenStack-Announce List

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:00:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> We could definitely go back to "the place users wanting to keep up with
> upstream news directly affecting them should subscribe to", and post only:
>
> - user-facing service releases (type:service deliverables), on stable
> branches or development branches
> - security vulnerabilities and security notes
> - weekly upstream development news (the one Mike compiles), and include
> a digest of all library/ancillary services releases of the week in there
>
> Library releases are not "directly affecting users", so not urgent news
> for "users wanting to keep up with upstream news" and can wait to be
> mentioned in the weekly digest.

Matthieu mentioned the following a bit later:

> I however like being informed of projects and clients releases.
> They don't happen often and they are interesting to me as an
> operator (projects) and consumer of the OpenStack API (project
>  clients).

Libraries are not directly affecting users, but clients are: python-*client
and OSC and the like.  I'd be on the fence re the SDK (when it becomes
official) but it is intended for downstream consumers, app devs mostly
rather than end-users and operators.

dt

--

Dean Troyer