[openstack-dev] [infra][glance] How do we fix the glance_store git > glance-store LP mapping?

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:08:57 UTC 2015

When I originally wanted to create the naming for glance_store to be
consistent across platforms, we already had the library glance_store out
(actually it first called glance.store but due to the anxiety of
namespace conflicts it was quickly renamed to glance_store in git/gerrit
etc.). Creating a project with ' _ ' in it was/is not allowed in
launchpad and we went with the best alternative possible.

I can't change it and the project is glance-store in LP whereas all
other details (title, display name etc) reflects glance_store.

On 11/19/15 12:38 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015, at 08:00 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> Patches in Gerrit aren't syncing status to the glance-store project in
>> launchpad b/c the project in launchpad is called glance-store and in git
>> it's glance_store.
>>
>> Looking at the project creators guide it says to specify a group for the
>> mapping [1] to fix this but glance_store in projects.yaml already has
>> that [2].
> This mapping says that bugs to glance_store are filed against the
> Launchpad project called glance not the launchpad project called
> glance-store. You can update the mapping if necessary or file bugs
> against glance and it should start working.
>> I'm having a hard time finding anything in project-config that does the
>> bug tracker mapping any other way.
>>
>> Is something missing from the docs or does glance-store just need to be
>> renamed to glance_store in launchpad?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html#add-the-project-to-the-master-projects-list
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/gerrit/projects.yaml#L1590
> It is also possible there is some other bug involved. If you have a
> change/bug pair we can dig for in the gerrit logs that may help further
> diagnose the problem.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Clark

Nikhil